- Why Research
- Our Impact
- Get Involved
- About BCRF
- Contact Us
You are here
Assistant Director, Corporate Partnerships
Breast cancer is a complex disease with no simple solution. Every diagnosis is unique and puts lives at risk. We must stop breast cancer in its tracks, and research is the answer.
Founded by Evelyn H. Lauder in 1993, the Breast Cancer Research Foundation (BCRF) is dedicated to being the end of breast cancer by advancing the world’s most promising research. BCRF is the largest private funder of breast cancer research in the world. We invest in a wide range of research—from prevention to metastasis—because each area of investigation informs another, propelling us toward the solutions we urgently need.
We convene and connect the best minds in science--giving them the opportunity to pursue their most innovative ideas. Our combination of investment and cross-disciplinary collaboration accelerates the entire field and builds momentum for new discoveries. BCRF-funded investigators have been behind every major breakthrough in breast cancer research, and the field is moving faster than ever. We can’t stop now.
With you, and the entire BCRF community, we are fueling the world’s most promising research. Join us—together, we will bring the end of breast cancer into focus.
ABOUT THE ROLE
BCRF’s Corporate Partnerships department leads brand partnerships, licensing, consumer products, retail partnerships, digital platform collaborations, promotions and NGO alliances. This dedicated team makes a tremendous impact in driving the BCRF mission forward, generating roughly 40% of BCRF’s annual revenue.
BCRF’s Assistant Director, Corporate Partnerships will help create effective strategic programs with the private sector through cause marketing and corporate philanthropy campaigns that amplify the impact of BCRF’s mission and elevate the brand. This position will steward and manage an existing group of corporate partners within the 130+ partner portfolio. This role will also lead several key team projects and collaborate across this 6-person department to ensure that corporate partner initiatives align with BCRF’s overall programs and goals.
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Cultivate, develop and manage corporate relationships, including contract negotiations and execution, campaign concept development, program implementation, creative approval, communications and PR efforts, and oversight of all promotional vehicles.
- Develop effective and meaningful relationships with corporate partner contacts, with an eye towards stewarding renewed support and deepening engagement.
- Collaborate with internal teams and key leadership on special partner initiatives, including but not limited to media opportunities, panels and presentations, strategic meetings, internal and external events.
- Work in partnership with the team to develop and drive new engagement opportunities that expand and enhance corporate partners’ experience, as well as that of their constituents.
- Identify, build, and nurture collaborations among corporate partners.
- Collaborate with the Communications & Engagement team to draft copy and curate partner-related content for BCRF channels such as: email, social media, blog, website, annual report, and newsletter.
- Support in preparation of pitch materials and content for partner media and influence outreach by the Communications team.
- Manage partnerships driven through BCRF’s Board, Advisory Board and major donors. This role will serve as the lead liaison on partnerships driven through these special, high-touch relationships.
- Serve as an interdepartmental lead with BCRF’s Development team members, providing insight and support on collaborative projects and initiatives.
- Contribute to the strategy and execution of the annual Corporate Partner Summit; own key projects and elements as assigned.
- Assist with annual impact reporting, including the development of materials and messaging for partners at multiple giving levels.
- Help to manage and improve upon digital communications used to share partnership related content with the BCRF community.
- Support on an ad-hoc basis department-led and owned events, workstreams, and projects.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
- The massive – and very real – impact that we make every day.
- How to accelerate our work through our talented team.
- How to operate within a successful not-for-profit that punches well above our weight.
- How to employ best practices in cause marketing.
- You have experience managing a portfolio of partners/clients across a diverse spectrum of industries.
- You have a proven history of leading successful initiatives with measurable results that have impacted an organization's bottom line.
- You have a commitment to managing and driving partnerships with integrity.
- You have excellent knowledge of cause marketing best practices from both the nonprofit and corporate perspective.
- You are accustomed to working, problem solving and collaborating thoughtfully in a fast-paced environment.
- You are passionate, resourceful and proactive.
THE FINE PRINT
- You have:
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- 6-8 years of experience in corporate partnerships, strategic alliances, development or corporate social responsibility.
- Unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
- An ability to work overtime and on weekends, especially during event season.
- You bring:
- Exceptional skills with organizational and administrative tools such as Microsoft Office Suite and Google Suite.
- Experience with database management tools, event operations, and logistics.
- Working understanding of Photoshop, InDesign
- Bonus points for:
- Full Adobe Creative Cloud Suite
- Raiser’s Edge
Please send resumes to email@example.com.
BCRF is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans.
The BCRF upholds an equal opportunity employment policy and employs personnel without regard to race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, physical or mental ability, veteran status, military obligations, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
This policy applies to all applicants, employees, consultants, third-party workers.
In addition, the BCRF will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements.