- Why Research
- Our Impact
- Get Involved
- About BCRF
- Research is the reason
- Contact Us
You are here
Associate, Play for P.I.N.K.
BCRF seeks to hire a highly motivated and organized professional to take on the role as Associate for Play for P.I.N.K., a nonprofit partner that resides within the BCRF offices. Play for P.I.N.K. (Prevention, Immediate diagnosis, New technology, Knowledge), or PFP, raises funds for breast cancer research through sporting and lifestyle events, mainly golf and tennis tournaments held at country clubs across the U.S. PFP’s commitment is to contribute 100% of all proceeds to BCRF to fund the world’s top researchers. In 2018, over 300 events were organized by volunteers to benefit PFP, allowing the organization to donate $4.75 million to BCRF. PFP is currently supporting 19 research projects.
The Play for P.I.N.K. Associate will have the opportunity to experience first-hand the full operations of a nonprofit organization, with a focus on fundraising and managing donations received from 300+ annual events. This position works closely with the Play for P.I.N.K. Senior Manager, Executive Director, and Accountant/Treasurer and reports directly to the Play for P.I.N.K. Senior Manager.
The Breast Cancer Research Foundation advances the world's most promising research to eradicate breast cancer in our lifetime. Founded by Evelyn H. Lauder in 1993, BCRF has raised more than $700 million to fuel discoveries in tumor biology, genetics, prevention, treatment, survivorship and metastasis. This year, we invested $63 million in the work of 300 researchers in 14 countries. BCRF is the largest private funder of breast cancer research worldwide, and the highest-rated breast cancer organization in the U.S.
This role oversees all money coming in from 300+ annual independent events, and serves as the point person for the appointed “Treasurer” of each event
- Maintain Bank Account daily so all information is up-to-date
- Label daily deposits in online Bank Account to credit appropriate club
- Confirm daily deposits with each club Treasurer and/or Chairperson for events
- Deposit checks in office as needed
- Process credit cards in office as needed
- Review QuickBooks daily to make sure Accountant is correctly crediting the appropriate clubs
- Inform the club Treasurer/Chair when there is a discrepancy with a deposit and follow up with bank when necessary
- Track outstanding money owed and follow up with clubs/events that have not deposited donations in a timely manner
- Pull event reports from QuickBooks when requested
- Confirm with each event when it is “complete” and all donations have been collected and deposited
- Confirm and keep track of Matching Gifts
- Oversee online donations and check for fraud
- Update and maintain Raiser’s Edge database
- Enter all donor and club information into Raiser’s Edge
- Collect information and process acknowledgement letters and gift-in-kind donor letters for each event
- Coordinate mailing lists for quarterly eNewsletter
- Assist with designing and formatting annual Handbook, given to all chairwomen organizing PFP events
- Answer main phone line for PFP and direct calls as necessary
- Maintain and update PFP’s Facebook and Instagram accounts
- Collect pictures from event organizers to post across PFP’s social media
- Provide administrative support to PFP Executive Director and Senior Manager as needed
- Assume other duties as assigned
Education: Undergraduate degree required with at least 2 years’ experience with a nonprofit organization and/or fundraising
Systems: Raiser’s Edge database and Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.) required; QuickBooks preferred; ability to learn proprietary computer databases
Competencies: The ideal candidate is positive, articulate, detailed-oriented, proactive, collaborative, and professional – yet personable and friendly. They have also demonstrated the ability to:
- Multi-task and see multiple tasks and projects through to completion with minimal supervision;
- Set priorities and manage their time to handle their workload;
- Take initiative, solve problems, and be resourceful;
- Collaborate effectively with a wide range of staff, Board members, and volunteer leadership;
- Write and speak effectively, especially on the telephone;
- Handle confidential matters with discretion.
BCRF offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits.
Position may require some travel.
HOW TO APPLY
Please e-mail your cover letter and resume to HR@bcrf.org, using the following subject line: [Your Last Name] - Associate, Play for P.I.N.K.
Be sure to clearly describe any non-profit/fundraising experience and if you have QuickBooks and Raiser’s Edge experience.
Please no phone calls. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. All inquiries will be held in confidence.
BCRF IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION.