Breast cancer is a complex disease with no simple solution. Every diagnosis is unique and puts lives at risk. We must stop breast cancer in its tracks, and research is the answer.
Founded in 1993 by Evelyn H. Lauder, the Breast Cancer Research Foundation is the largest private funder of breast cancer research in the world. We invest in a wide range of research—from prevention, diagnosis, treatment, survivorship, and metastasis—because each area of investigation informs another, propelling us toward the solutions we urgently need.
We convene and connect the best minds in science—giving them the opportunity to pursue their most innovative ideas. Our combination of investment and cross-disciplinary collaboration accelerates the entire field and builds momentum for new discoveries. BCRF-funded investigators have been behind every major breakthrough in breast cancer research, and the field is moving faster than ever. We can’t stop now.
With you, and the entire BCRF community, we are fueling the world’s most promising research. Join us—together, we will bring the end of breast cancer into focus. Learn more and get involved at BCRF.org.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Manager, Business Development is responsible for expanding BCRF’s partnership portfolio by establishing relationships, converting target prospects into partners, conducting market research, and exploring new business opportunities.
Reporting to the Managing Director, Corporate Development, the Manager will also work cross-functionally with the Partnerships stewardship team, Communications & Engagement, Operations, and Research departments to create and implement business strategies. The Manager will also assist with the development of marketing materials, analyze business competition, and maintain corporate contact lists.
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Support and drive BCRF’s business development strategies to deliver against revenue objectives
- Through cold outreach, generate new partner prospects that are a fit for BCRF and aligned with its mission
- Manage in-bound prospect leads
- Manage the end-to-end process from business development, negotiations, execution and transitioning to account management
- Assist in the development of the overall business development plan
- Support projects including industry and brand research, competitive analysis, and market opportunity analysis
- Monitor and remain up to date on partnership and sponsorship trends, as well as cause marketing
- Work closely with the Partnership stewardship team to identify new/different fundraising opportunities to increase existing partner revenue
- Work with key BCRF staff to ensure all business opportunities are managed professionally and opportunities are maximized
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
- The massive—and very real—impact that we make every day;
- How to accelerate our work through our talented team; and
- How to operate within a successful not-for-profit that punches well above our weight.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- 3 to 5 years’ experience working in corporate partnerships, strategic alliances, development, marketing, corporate social responsibility, or fundraising
- Bachelor’s degree (in marketing, business, or related field is a plus)
This role may be for you if you have:
- A proven track record in partnership deal negotiation, value proposition development, pitch presentation, and execution
- Strong experience and ability to work well across an organizational matrix
- Unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
Ideally, you will bring:
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Goal-oriented, organized team player
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to develop and foster industry relationships
- A high-energy personality with excellent judgment that thrives in a “make it happen” culture
- Bonus points for proficiency in Raiser’s Edge
While performing the duties of this role, you would regularly work in a hybrid remote/in-office NYC arrangement.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle, feel, or operate objects, tools or controls, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand, talk, and hear.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. There will be a need to work extra hours during evenings and weekends during event seasons.
Some travel is required for this role. In-person events may involve evening, overnight, or weekend time.
How to apply:
Please send a cover letter and resume with the subject line Business Development Manager to firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates who share both why they’re a good fit and their salary expectations are more likely to qualify. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Please no phone calls. All inquiries will be held in confidence.
The compensation range for this role is $70,000 - $75,000 annually along with an exceptional benefits package focusing on employee physical, financial and mental wellness.
Please note this role description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this role. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
BCRF IS proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans.
The BCRF upholds an equal opportunity employment policy and employs personnel without regard to race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, physical or mental ability, veteran status, military obligations, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
This policy applies to all applicants, employees, consultants, and third-party workers.