Breast cancer is a complex disease with no simple solution. Every diagnosis is unique and puts lives at risk. We must stop breast cancer in its tracks, and research is the answer.
Founded by Evelyn H. Lauder in 1993, the Breast Cancer Research Foundation (BCRF) is dedicated to being the end of breast cancer by advancing the world’s most promising research. BCRF is the largest private funder of breast cancer research in the world. We invest in a wide range of research—from prevention to metastasis—because each area of investigation informs another, propelling us toward the solutions we urgently need.
We convene and connect the best minds in science, giving them the opportunity to pursue their most innovative ideas. Our combination of investment and cross-disciplinary collaboration accelerates the entire field and builds momentum for new discoveries. BCRF-funded investigators have been behind every major breakthrough in breast cancer research, and the field is moving faster than ever. We can’t stop now.
With you, and the entire BCRF community, we are fueling the world’s most promising research. Join us—together, we will bring the end of breast cancer into focus.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Partnerships Associate plays a key role in supporting the strategic vision and plans of the BCRF’s Corporate Partnerships team. Reporting to the Managing Director of Business Development and Managing Director of Partnerships, the Associate will provide administrative support, and help manage projects across the team’s business development efforts and partner stewardship management. They will have a significant impact as part of a dynamic and high-performing team as they support our business development, partner stewardship, and creative asset management.
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Assist in the development and execution of the business development plan.
- Support projects including industry and brand research, competitive analysis, and market opportunity analysis.
- Manage calls and email communications through the BCRF Partnerships general inbox: respond and direct questions, opportunities and requests to internal contacts.
- Generate new partner prospects through cold outreach.
- Develop a pipeline of partner prospects, and track and proactively manage it.
- Support in building pitch materials, decks, and collateral for prospective partners.
- Manage key partnerships at the Thriver’s Circle level (Thriver’s Circle partners represent small businesses and individuals who have a personal connection to breast cancer).
- Provide fundraising guidance for corporations and small businesses that are fundraising on behalf of BCRF. Ensure timely invoicing and legal compliance.
- Write and distribute tax acknowledgment letters for all corporate partners and corporate donors.
- Ensure assets are updated and accessible across internal shared drives, and online portals.
- Prepare materials and collateral needed for Partnerships team, maintain inventory of BCRF partnership collateral, partner product samples, and partnership materials.
- Support facilitating quarterly website updates.
- Manage department travel and expenses.
- Manage logistics for key Partnerships Team events.
- Facilitate corporate partner mailings (e-mails, annual report mailings, holiday cards, etc.).
- Manage team meeting calendar and prepare weekly status agenda and meeting coordination.
- Prepare cross-departmental meeting agendas as needed.
- File completed contracts and checks for audit needs and record keeping.
- Perform? other duties as assigned.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
- The massive—and very real—impact that we make every day
- How to accelerate our work through our talented team; and
- How to operate within a successful not-for-profit that punches well above our weight
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- 2-3 years of relevant work experience in an office environment. Experience in marketing, partnerships, new business development, account management support and/or cause marketing partnership support is a plus.
- Self-starter with a strong work ethic, organizational skills for multitasking, superb communication, and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- High-energy personality who thrives in a “make it happen” culture.
- Able to build strong working relationships with partners using a confident and professional communication style via phone, email, and in person.
- Skilled in using databases to record accurate and updated information
This role may be for you if you:
- Have a genuine interest in the nonprofit industry
- Have experience with database management, event operations and logistics
Ideally, you will bring:
- A high-energy personality with excellent judgement
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines while ensuring on-time project completion
- Enthusiasm for working as part of a team while working independently and with initiative and self-motivation
- Bonus points for:
- Website and social media experience
- Proficiency in Raiser’s Edge
- Knowledge and use of Adobe
While performing the duties of this role, you would regularly work in a hybrid remote/in-office arrangement in New York City.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle, feel, or operate objects, tools or controls, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand, talk, and hear.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. There will be a need to work extra hours during evening and weekends during event seasons.
Some domestic travel is required for this role. With advance notice, in-person events may involve evening, overnight, or weekend time.
How to apply:
Please send a cover letter and resume with the subject line Associate, Corporate Partnerships to firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates who share both why they’re a good fit and their salary expectations are more likely to qualify. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Please no phone calls. All inquiries will be held in confidence.
The compensation range for this role is an hourly range of $29.00 - $31.00 along with an exceptional benefits package focusing on employee physical, financial and mental wellness. This role is eligible for overtime compensation.
Please note this role description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this role. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
BCRF is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans.
BCRF upholds an equal opportunity employment policy and employs personnel without regard to race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, physical or mental ability, veteran status, military obligations, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
This policy applies to all applicants, employees, consultants, and third-party workers.