The MBCA is comprised of over 50 nonprofit, industry and individual patient/advocate members influencing change across research, patient support and education to improve the lives of people living with metastatic breast cancer in the United States. The Alliance is the largest coalition of breast cancer organizations in the U.S. Learn more and get involved at mbcalliance.org.
Breast cancer is a complex disease with no simple solution. Every diagnosis is unique and puts lives at risk. We must stop breast cancer in its tracks, and research is the answer.
Founded in 1993 by Evelyn H. Lauder, the Breast Cancer Research Foundation is the largest private funder of breast cancer research in the world. We invest in a wide range of research—from prevention, diagnosis, treatment, survivorship, and metastasis—because each area of investigation informs another, propelling us toward the solutions we urgently need.
We convene and connect the best minds in science—giving them the opportunity to pursue their most innovative ideas. Our combination of investment and cross-disciplinary collaboration accelerates the entire field and builds momentum for new discoveries. BCRF-funded investigators have been behind every major breakthrough in breast cancer research, and the field is moving faster than ever. We can’t stop now.
With you, and the entire BCRF community, we are fueling the world’s most promising research. Join us—together, we will bring the end of breast cancer into focus. Learn more and get involved at BCRF.org.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Metastatic Breast Cancer Alliance (MBCA) seeks to hire a highly motivated, collaborative, and results-oriented Project Manager to join the team. The Project Manager is a full-time independent contract position that will initiate, plan, manage, monitor and evaluate MBCA projects, with emphasis on project coordination, stakeholder engagement and schedule control.
They will have expertise in project management software tools, understand project management best practices, and have strong meeting facilitation skills. The project manager will play an integral role in supporting initiatives associated with the new MBCA Strategic Plan and will work closely with the leadership team and Co-Chairs of the Working Groups. Contractor will be required to provide their own computer and reliable internet. Payment will be hourly.
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Conduct planning sessions with key stakeholders to create documented plans that specify the project resource requirements, budget, scope, and each party’s responsibilities
- Schedule resources, assign responsibilities, and monitor plan progress to ensure compliance with the project plan and budget, immediately notifying affected parties of any schedule changes.
- Preparation for project meetings and working sessions, including materials, agenda, and prep for topic owners; as well as recap and action item follow-up
- Manage and organize all project documents and coordinate documentation revisions to ensure that project documents are archived for easy retrieval
- Identify and implement effective techniques to communicate project objectives, responsibilities, ideas, feedback, and other appropriate information
- Perform other related duties as assigned
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
- The massive – and very real – impact that we make every day;
- How to accelerate our work through our talented team; and
- How to operate within a volunteer organization that leverages the program and resources of members to support the MBC community
- Excellent organizational skills and decision-making abilities
- Enthusiasm for working as part of a team while also working independently and with initiative and self-motivation
- Proven ability to prioritize, manage and organize multiple projects in a fast-paced, detail-oriented, deadline-driven environment
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communications skills
THE FINE PRINT
- You have: (required education and experience based on requirements that are job-related and consistent with business necessity)
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or Google Project Management certification preferred
- 3+ years professional experience in project management
- Unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
- You bring:
- Proficiency with PMIS software, methodologies, and best practices
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Word, and Excel)
- Past nonprofit organization experience preferred.
This role will be 100% remote. However, for candidates located in the NYC area, there is the ability to work from the BCRF home office.
- Significant computer work, which may require repetitive motion, prolonged periods of sitting, and sustained visual and mental applications and demands
- Occasional lifting (> 15 lbs.), bending, pulling, carrying, and/or moving boxes, files, etc., some of which could be heavy or require the use of carts
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This position will work full-time hours M-F. Occasional evening and/or weekend work may be required.
This position pays an hourly rate of $29.00/hour.
May require travel to two semi-annual meetings and/or occasional NYC staff meeting.
- Please email your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the following subject line: MBCA Project Manager.
- Candidates who share both why they’re a good fit and their salary expectations are more likely to qualify.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Please no phone calls. All inquiries will be held in confidence.
Please note this role description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required for this role. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
BCRF is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans.
The BCRF upholds an equal opportunity employment policy and employs personnel without regard to race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, physical or mental ability, veteran status, military obligations, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
This policy applies to all applicants, employees, consultants, and third-party workers.