The Breast Cancer Research Foundation (BCRF) seeks to hire a highly motivated and results-oriented nonprofit professional to join the Development & Events Area.
The individual will play a key role in the full operations of The Pink Agenda (TPA), a volunteer nonprofit organization that shares a strategic partnership with BCRF and aims to engage young professionals and cultivate their long-term commitment. This role includes planning and organizing fundraising events; board and key stakeholder management; cultivation and stewardship of partners and donors; and fundraising and communication strategy.
Position responsibilities include organizing TPA’s signature fundraising initiatives, including annual galas, educational symposiums, and the NYC Marathon and Half-Marathon teams. This individual will manage the planning and organizing fundraising events, communications strategy and play an essential role in event fundraising by working closely with donor and event leadership. This position reports directly to the Director, The Pink Agenda who reports to BCRF’s Chief Development Officer.
Location: New York, NY with some travel.
Breast cancer is a complex disease with no simple solution. Research is the key to stopping it in its tracks. Founded in 1993 by Evelyn H. Lauder, the Breast Cancer Research Foundation is the largest private funder of breast cancer research in the world. We invest in the best minds in science—from those investigating prevention to metastasis—and foster cross-disciplinary collaboration. Our approach accelerates the entire field and moves us closer to the answers we urgently need. We can’t stop now. Join us in fueling the world’s most promising research. With you, we will be the end of breast cancer. Learn more and get involved at BCRF.org.
About The Pink Agenda:
Since 2012, The Pink Agenda has shared a strategic partnership with BCRF. The Pink Agenda (TPA) is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization committed to raising money for breast cancer care and research and awareness of the disease among young professionals. TPA finds, funds, and partners with people and programs that are improving the lives of those impacted by breast cancer and conducting the groundbreaking research necessary to improve their outcomes. To date, TPA has raised $5.5 million for breast cancer research and care.
In 2014, The Pink Agenda partnered with breast cancer survivor and television personality Giuliana Rancic and her initiative FAB-U-WISH to grant fabulous wishes to deserving women undergoing treatment for this devastating disease. For more information, visit www.thepinkagenda.org.
Primary Responsibilities include:
This is a leading role in the planning and execution of fundraising events and special projects, which currently include large galas, educational symposiums, the athletic endeavor program, the corporate partnerships program, cultivation events, and other strategic organizational event opportunities.
The incumbent will contribute to the following initiatives:
Manage TPA’s digital communications, including social media, website, newsletters, and email blasts
- Oversee TPA’s social media content, maintaining TPA’s voice and style.
- Manage TPA’s communications calendar to ensure variety and appropriate promotion of events, initiatives, partnerships, and the FAB-U-WISH program.
- Develop and oversee the execution of brand and fundraising campaigns.
- Engage with and respond to followers who reach out via messages and comments.
- Identify innovative ways to reach and engage the existing community and grow and increase engagement across TPA’s social channels.
- Ensure the website is regularly updated, including key event promotions and fresh content.
Manage TPA’s Fundraising Events & Initiatives
- Work in partnership with the Director, The Pink Agenda to plan and execute The Pink Agenda’s annual galas, educational symposiums (TPA Talks), local to NY and Chapter City “friendraisers,” and third-party fundraising events.
- Create event invitations and email blasts, design event communication strategy and social media materials, and create event microsites.
- Develop program scripts and fundraising initiatives within key events; use storytelling tactics to engage attendees and encourage giving.
- Liaise with leadership, event honorees and keynote speakers, host committees, vendors, production partners, in-kind supporters, donors, and guests to ensure events run seamlessly.
- Manage key logistics including event timelines, vendor contracts, attainment and delivery of in-kind donations, guest lists, program booklet production, and securing third-party event software and staffing solutions.
- Oversee post-event follow-up duties, including delivery of auction prizes and acknowledgment for all donors, including in-kind.
- Manage TPA’s athletic endeavors program and its participation as an official charity partner of the New York City Marathon and the NYC Half.
- Develop an enticing benefits package for participants, including training support and procuring Team TPA gear, to support maximum fundraising.
- Recruit the team for each race; provide fundraising guidance and materials to runners to ensure they meet the minimum commitment and identify team members with potential for expanded TPA involvement.
Support TPA’s Corporate Partnerships program
- Identify and pitch companies whose products and objectives align with TPA’s mission and supporters’ interests and priorities.
- Develop effective and meaningful relationships with corporate partner contacts, with an eye toward stewarding renewed support and deepened engagement.
- Deliver promotional benefits to partners through TPA channels and external vehicles.
- Ensure partnership impact is well defined with reporting tools.
Assume other duties as assigned.
This role represents BCRF and TPA in a professional and polished manner when communicating with major donors, vendor partners, and the organizations’ constituents. The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented, proactive, positive, a team player, confident, articulate, and very professional, personable, and friendly. This position requires a high level of discernment and professionalism at all times.
Successful candidates will have demonstrated abilities to:
Think strategically and perform across event planning, digital strategy, and corporate partnerships, including prospect identification, sponsorship proposal creation, campaign ideation and donor stewardship.
- Practice exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Exercise good judgment and make important decisions when dealing with volunteer leadership, key supporters, and on-site during events.
- Prioritize tasks effectively and independently manage multiple projects at once from start to finish.
- Take initiative and work independently with limited supervision.
- Build and sustain productive relationships with a wide range of constituents, consultants, and vendors. Ensure that donors and supporters consistently receive the highest quality of service. Manage and work diplomatically with varying committees and sponsors.
- Handle confidential matters with absolute discretion.
- Be resourceful, solution-oriented, and flexible.
- Bring a positive can-do attitude, team spirit, and sense of humor.
Experience & Education:
- Undergraduate degree or commensurate experience, a focus in marketing or communications is preferred
- Nonprofit organization experience is a plus.
- Three to five years of events, fundraising, communications, social media, and project management experience.
- Proficiency with:
- Donor CRM systems (Salesforce preferred)
- Classy or other fundraising platforms
- Adobe Suite
- MS Office Suite
- Computer and internet, with the ability to learn proprietary computer databases.
Physical and Other Requirements:
- May require travel, which may require walking distances, lifting and carrying luggage and boxes, and prolonged periods of sitting in tight quarters.
- Significant computer work, which may require repetitive motion, prolonged periods of sitting, and sustained visual and mental applications and demands.
- Occasional lifting (> 15 lbs.), bending, pulling, and occasional lifting, carrying, and/or moving boxes, files, etc., some of which could be heavy or require the use of carts.
BCRF offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits.
The position does require availability to attend some meetings in the evening and some local travel, as well as occasional travel to support events in Boston, Palm Beach, and around the tri-state area.
Please e-mail your cover letter and resume to: Eventshire@bcrfcure.org, Attn: Event Hires with the following subject line: Senior Manager, The Pink Agenda
Candidates who share both why they’re a good fit and their salary expectations are more likely to qualify. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Please no phone calls. All inquiries will be held in confidence
BCRF is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of non-discrimination in the workplace. Candidates will not be discriminated on the basis of age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law.
BCRF has an anti-racist policy in place, along with an active staff-led Diversity, Equity, and, Inclusion Alliance.