- Why Research
- Our Impact
- Get Involved
- About BCRF
- Research is the reason
- Contact Us
You are here
Senior Manager, Signature Events Production
Breast Cancer Research Foundation®
Senior Manager, Signature Events Production
The Breast Cancer Research Foundation (BCRF) seeks to hire a highly motivated and results-oriented event production professional to join the Development and Signature Events Department.
The individual will play a key role in planning and producing the Foundation’s flagship fundraising events, working closely with a dynamic team and experiencing the inner-workings of a premier non-profit organization firsthand.
Position responsibilities include organizing BCRF’s Signature Fundraising Events in New York, which feature the Hot Pink Party gala, the October Symposium & Awards Luncheon, and the Hamptons Paddle for Pink. This individual will manage event logistics and play an essential role in event fundraising by working closely with event sponsors and vendor partners. This position reports directly to the Director, Development & Signature Events, who reports to the Chief Development Officer.
Location: New York, NY with some travel.
The Breast Cancer Research Foundation advances the world's most promising research to eradicate breast cancer in our lifetime. Founded by Evelyn H. Lauder in 1993, BCRF has raised more than $700 million to fuel discoveries in tumor biology, genetics, prevention, treatment, survivorship and metastasis. This year, we invested $63 million in the work of 300 researchers in 14 countries. BCRF is the largest private funder of breast cancer research worldwide, and the highest-rated breast cancer organization in the U.S.
This is a leading role in the planning and execution of fundraising events and special projects, which currently include black-tie fundraisers, luncheons and educational symposiums, summer paddleboard races, cultivation events and other strategic organizational event opportunities.
- Handle logistics and assist in the seamless execution of fundraising events.
- Creation and management of event timelines and production schedules and oversight of on-site production, including load-in and load-out.
- Coordination of event planning/strategy meetings with press and PR teams, internal BCRF teammates, and key vendors.
- Maintenance of detailed records of event-related expenses, communications with third party vendors, in-kind donors, sponsors, and other relevant event-related materials.
- Maintenance of online calendar listings with BCRF events and event websites.
- Manage event vendors and production partners, including audio visual, event designers, floral partners, entertainment, security, venue representatives, caterers, and others.
- Manage the design and creation of printed materials and proofread various event-related correspondence and publications.
- Assist with managing the requirements of participating A-list talent, speakers, and performers.
- Enhance our sponsorships and donations by conceptualizing and executing opportunities for on-site sponsor activations events.
- Develop sponsorship materials and serve as a liaison with leading event sponsors prior to, during, and after an event.
- Collaborate to conceptualize and implement new event ideas, experiences, and opportunities to increase revenue to cultivate new donors and sponsorships.
- Track in-kind event donors including but not limited to gift bag donors, floral sponsors, raffle donors, and more.
- Spearhead post-event “wrap up” procedures, including documenting feedback, thanking donors and sponsors, and ensuring invoices are processed and documented in a timely manner.
- Assume other duties as assigned.
This role represents BCRF in a professional and polished manner when communicating with major donors, vendor partners, and the Foundation’s constituency. The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented, proactive, positive, a team player, confident, articulate, and very professional – yet personable and friendly. This position requires a high level of discernment and professionalism at all times.
Successful candidates will have demonstrated abilities to:
- Exercise judgment and make important decisions when dealing with the Foundation’s volunteer event leadership and on-site during events.
- Prioritize tasks effectively and independently manage projects from start to finish.
- Think strategically and perform across the event planning and fundraising spectrum, including prospect identification, sponsorship proposal creation and donor stewardship
- Ensure that donors and supporters receive the highest quality of service.
- Maintain the integrity of the organization, always staying focused on the mission.
- Work simultaneously on multiple tasks and projects, and set priorities for a challenging workload.
- Stay organized and keep accurate records
- Build and sustain productive relationships with a wide range of constituents
- Manage and work diplomatically with varying committees and sponsors.
- Communicate effectively and graciously orally and in writing.
- Ability to handle confidential matters with discretion.
- Take initiative and work independently with limited supervision.
- Be resourceful.
- Assist all teammates with any given task.
- Be flexible and adaptable.
- Bring a positive can-do attitude, team spirit, and sense of humor.
Experience & Education
- Minimum of three years of event production experience.
- Past non-profit organization experience preferred.
- Highly skilled in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Computer and internet proficient, with the ability to learn proprietary computer databases.
- Proficiency with Photoshop, Adobe Suite, and InDesign preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
Physical and Other Requirements
May require travel, which may require walking distances, lifting and carrying luggage and boxes, and prolonged periods of sitting in tight quarters.
Significant computer work, which may require repetitive motion, prolonged periods of sitting, and sustained visual and mental applications and demands.
Occasional lifting (>15 lbs), bending, pulling, and occasional lifting, carrying, and/or moving boxes, files, etc., some of which could be heavy or require the use of carts.
BCRF offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits.
Position does require some occasional travel.
Please e-mail your cover letter and resume to: Eventshire@bcrf.org. Attn: Katie Anderson, Director, Development & Signature Events with the following subject line: Senior Manager, Signature Events Production
Candidates who share both why they’re a good fit and their salary expectations are more likely to qualify. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Please no phone calls. All inquiries will be held in confidence
BCRF IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION.