- Why Research
- Our Impact
- Get Involved
- About BCRF
- Research is the reason
- Contact Us
You are here
BCRF Attends ASCO’s Annual Meeting 2017
Follow along as BCRF reports from the largest cancer conference in the world.
Each year in early June the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) hosts the largest cancer conference in the world. This week, more than 30,000 oncology specialists, patient advocates and industry representatives from the US and around the world will converge on Chicago for ASCO’s 53th annual meeting.
Over the course of five days, the meeting will feature thousands of scientific posters, hundreds of podium lectures, discussion panels, education sessions and advocacy updates. Many BCRF investigators will serve as session chairs, give podium talks on critical topics in breast cancer, or present data in one or more of the five posters sessions and BCRF Research Program Staff will be there to bring it all to you.
Some notable highlights for BCRF at this year’s meeting include:
- BCRF Investigator, Dr. Daniel Hayes will end his term as ASCO President. Dr. Hayes will continue to serve as immediate past president until June 2018. BCRF will feature an interview with Dr. Hayes later this summer.
- BCRF Investigator, Dr. Monica Bertagnolli will be named the 2018-19 President. BCRF will feature an interview with Dr. Bertagnolli shortly after the meeting.
- BCRF investigator, Dr. Eric Winer will be honored with the prestigious Gianni Bonadonna Award
- BCRF investigator Dr. Funmi Olopade has been named as the recipient of the American Society of Clinical Oncology’s Humanitarian Award.
- BCRF will be recognized for its support of the Conquer Cancer Foundation of ASCO as a $1 million-dollar donor again this year.
- The Conquer Cancer Foundation will announce four new awards to early career oncology researchers named for BCRF.