Here are some talking points and statistics to help you during your stream!
Key BCRF Facts
- BCRF is the highest-rated breast cancer organization in the country
- BCRF-funded investigators have been deeply involved in every major breakthrough in breast cancer prevention, diagnosis, treatment and survivorship
- This year, BCRF is the largest private funder of breast cancer research— and metastatic breast cancer research—worldwide
- Metastatic breast cancer (aka Stage 4) is when the cancer moves from the breast to another part of the body. At this point in time, this type of breast cancer is incurable, and why BCRF invests so much money into this area of research
- BCRF invests in the best minds in science and fosters cross-disciplinary collaboration. BCRF’s approach accelerates the entire field and moves us closer to the answers we urgently need to end breast cancer.
- $50 funds 1 hour of research
Key Facts About Breast Cancer
- Breast cancer is the most common cancer in women worldwide
- 1 in 8 women in the US will develop invasive breast cancer during their lifetime
- Every 2 minutes, a woman in the U.S. is diagnosed with breast cancer
- Every 15 seconds, somewhere in the world, a woman is diagnosed with breast cancer
- There are more than 3.8 million breast cancer survivors in the U.S. today
- Deaths from breast cancer have decreased by 40% since BCRF’s founding
- Download assets you can use for your stream overlay.