- Why Research
- Our Impact
- Get Involved
- About BCRF
- Contact Us
You are here
Pink Lemonade Stand Challenge Ready to Make a Huge Impact This Summer
Founder Brynne Rhodes and her mom Kim are thrilled to kick-off coast-to-coast fundraiser for BCRF
After a year that interrupted in-person events and fundraising across the country, Brynne Rhodes is ready for a big relaunch of her Pink Lemonade Stand Challenge (PLSC).
For the last five summers, 12-year-old Brynne has generously supported BCRF by giving away pink lemonade in exchange for donations to BCRF in honor of her mom Kim and other breast cancer survivors in their family.
Her passion for supporting breast cancer research from such a young age has inspired kids (and adults!) to launch hundreds of pink lemonade stands across 30 states nationwide. To date, PLSC participants have collectively raised nearly $60,000 for lifesaving research.
“I’m so excited to see kids, families, and college students #MakeAStand and #TurnItPink to support BCRF this summer in an even bigger way,” Brynne said.
For her incredible efforts, Brynne has been featured on TODAY and in numerous other news stories across the country. In 2019, she hosted a stand at Macy’s flagship Herald Square store as part of the company’s October Breast Cancer Awareness campaign, and she inspired Lilly Pulitzer stores to make stands nationwide.
After promoting virtual lemonade stands and spending time expanding their college intern and ambassador program in 2020, Brynne and Kim hope to make a huge impact in 2021 with more in-person and masked stands.
They’ve already hit one milestone before their official launch over Memorial Day weekend: The Kappa Kappa Gamma sorority at Lafayette College became the first sorority in the country to take their challenge.
“During the pandemic, women and men everywhere were still being diagnosed with breast cancer,” Kim said. “After the challenges of the last year, it’s more important than ever that we support BCRF and breast cancer research.”
Want to take Brynne’s Pink Lemonade Stand Challenge yourself? Here’s how to get involved:
- Organize your own pink lemonade anytime this summer and pledge to donate the money you raise to BCRF.
- Count the money raised with your kids and make a donation to BCRF at https://give.bcrf.org/PinkLemonadeStandChallenge. You can use your debit or credit card to make a donation in an amount equal to the cash raised at your stand.
- Or create your own fundraising page for your pink lemonade stand to encourage friends and family to give online. Go to https://give.bcrf.org/PinkLemonadeStandChallenge and click the orange “Join Team” button on the left.
- Share pictures of your stand on social media using the hashtags #MakeAStand and #TurnItPink and tag @pinklemonadestandchallenge on Instagram and Facebook.
- Stand with us! Together, we will be the end of breast cancer.
To learn more, visit PLSC’s website.